Monday 10 March 2014

Celebrity Designer Diet - Plankton Drops!

I'm a sucker for a celebrity diet. De-toxing, juicing, cleansing. I love it all. And if Gwyneth has done it, then I'm totally on board. I just read an interview for one of those "what I eat during the day" features and it even made me, who's willing to try anything, stop and say what. the. actual. f*ck.


I first discovered Kelly Wearstler on Top Design a few years ago, a reality show hosted by English model and designer India Hicks (who, incidentally, has my dream life in the Caribbean). Kelly was one of the judges and ridiculously glamourous.

She recently did an interview with bon appetit magazine where she talked about her daily food intake. Let's take a little look-see:

Breakfast: I go to Barry’s Bootcamp at 5:30 a.m., seven days a week. It’s me and a bunch of Hollywood hot-shots. I drink water mixed with Miracle Reds or Miracle Greens, with drops of plankton. Later in the day, I drink water with lemon, and alkaline water with cayenne extract.

Lunch: By noon, I get a kale, spinach, lemon, ginger, and E3Live juice.

BA: What about real, solid food?

KW: Besides almonds or granola, I don’t eat a lot during the day–juicing is what gives me energy.

And people thought Pete Evans and his activated almonds were extreme. (For the record I think Paleo Pete is spot-on with his nutritional advice and ahead of the curve.)

Kelly does admit to eating whole-wheat pizza every Friday. What?! Wheat? Carbs? CHEESE?? She doesn't confirm whether or not she actually digests it. 

Kells has also launched a line of designer sunglasses for US$555 under the name of Anorexxxy. Of course she has. 

And then there's the last line of the interview where she reveals that she only sleeps in a Cosabella thong and when she takes off her robe and her husband expresses interest in having sex she says, "Sorrrry!" 

What's the point of working out seven days a week to have a banging body and then not, um, bang? Poor bastard.

Anyhoo, not my problem. Please excuse me, while I go investigate where I can purchase plankton drops.



No comments:

Post a Comment